Sunday, Oct 30, 2022 2:00p -
Somerville, MA 02143
Art, Festivals & Fairs, Kid Friendly, Seasonal
“Monster Mash” at SomerStreets on Somerville Ave. Sunday, October 30
Free Open Streets event to feature live music, family-friendly activities, and more!
SOMERVILLE – Join us at the last SomerStreets festival of the year, the spooky and fun “Monster Mash” on Sunday, October 30, from 2 to 6 p.m. (rain date Nov 6) on Somerville Ave. between School St. and Warren Ave. SomerStreets is the City of Somerville’s take on the internationally renowned Open Streets concept, closing busy city streets to vehicles. Through SomerStreets, the City and its community partners aim to promote and encourage reconnecting with neighborhoods and businesses and their unique cultural elements in a thriving urban environment.
Activities along Somerville Ave. will include
- All day live music on two stages: Stage at 389 Somerville Ave in collaboration with Mass Ave Music and a stage at 12 Warren Ave featuring an array of local bands
- Wear your costumes and meet us at 3pm at the intersection of Warren Ave and Somerville Ave to join the Halloween parade led by the School of Honk.
- Dia de los Muertos Celebration Activity with Estela Calzada
- Handstands, juggling, acrobatics and comedy for all ages with Cate the Great
- The Roaming Railroad
- Magic tricks with magician, Just Felice
- Vintage vendors with Blue Bandana Relics
- Parkour, Knucklebones, Buzz Roar bringing the mini golf, and Event Them with even more games
- Pumpkin carving with Somerville Recreation
- Join the Somerville Historic Preservation Commission and the Somerville Museum for the “Ghosts of Milk Row Cemetery” tours at the historic Milk Row Cemetery at 400 Somerville Ave.
To ensure public safety at this SomerStreets event, the following road closures and parking bans will be in effect.
- Somerville Ave. from School St to Warren Ave.: Closed to all vehicular traffic 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.; no parking 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Quincy St. and Church St. will become two way streets between Summer St. and Somerville Ave. 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. to allow access for abutters. Bow St. will also be two way for abutters.
- MBTA buses will be rerouted from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. For locations of rerouted bus stops, visit MBTA.com.
For more information, visit www.somervillema.gov, or www.somervilleartscouncil.org. With questions about the festival or press inquiries, please contact Events Coordinator, Iaritza Menjivar at 617-625-6600 ext. 2985.