Saturday, Nov 25, 2023 12:00p -
Monday, Dec 25, 2023 7:00p
Downtown Crossing Steps
Washington and Franklin Streets
Festivals & Fairs, Music, Seasonal
Downtown Crossing becomes a winter wonderland with festive programs, public art surprises and retail experiences all season long.
The Downtown Boston Business Improvement District (Downtown Boston BID) announced today the return of “Snowflake Crossing” – its successful slate of seasonally inspired weekend programs throughout the neighborhood into the holidays and beyond. Post-holiday, the BID will host a series of winter events including art, retail and experiential programming through March.
- The District’s festive display of seasonal decorations including bright and colorful lights spanning the main thoroughfares, hundreds of lighted trees, giant hanging snowflakes, and other wintery decor.
- A district-wide lobby decoration contest returns this year and hosts immersive decorations in office lobbies throughout the neighborhood with toy drives and seasonal treats. Visitors vote for their favorites via QR code.
- “Boston TubaChristmas” returns on Saturday, November 25 from 12 pm to 1:30, with more than 100 players from the local chapter of TubaChristmas playing holiday classics at the Downtown Crossing Steps.
- The Harvard University Band student-run pep ensemble returns to Downtown Crossing at One Summer Street with holiday tunes and high-energy favorites.
- Santa visits Downtown Crossing, delighting kiddos and hearing Christmas gift lists on weekends leading up to Christmas.
- ONGOING: musicians, puppets, a holiday arts and retail market, and snack vendors can be found on Summer Street Plaza. Adding to the atmosphere are daily carolers and roaming seasonal bands performing holiday favorites.
- Downtown Crossing maps and updated event schedules are available at downtownboston.org.