Yoga for Labor, Birth, and Connection
This workshop provides an opportunity for couples to enhance their awareness and confidence in pregnancy and birth using partner yoga in a light, fun atmosphere. The workshop will also focus on different ways to connect and use yoga off the mat and during birth.
Topics covered include:
• Yoga sequences and postures which could be useful during labor and delivery
• Alternative birthing positions and how to get in and out of them
• Intuitive massage techniques to relieve pain and increase endorphins
• Counter pressure techniques useful for relieving labor pain
• Vocal toning to facilitate relaxation and opening
Partner yoga is a fun practice of yoga postures done in physical contact with another person. Students experience a deeper sense of release and stretching through sharing weight and touch with their partners. The practice helps develop a strong feeling of connection, both on the mat and afterwards.