https://www.thebostoncalendar.com Online event
Virtual & Streaming
Boston’s best event calendar is now Boston’s best source for virtual and live streaming events that can be experienced from the comfort of your own home. Here’s how to list your online events on The Boston Calendar.
2. Click ‘Add a new event’ (at the top right of every page on desktop; on mobile, find it under the drop-down menu on the top left)
3. Enter event information according to our event listing style guide.
- For ongoing events that occur every day over a range of dates, only one listing is necessary (it will be displayed on the calendar every day between the start date and end date). If the event recurs every week at the same day and time, enter the start and end date as the first day it occurs, then under ‘Recurring weekly?’ select ‘Yes’ and enter the the latest date the event will occur (it will appear on the calendar every week on the same day and time).
- Make sure to select the Virtual & Streaming category under ‘Tag list.’
- In the Description field, include any necessary information about how to access events (Instagram Live, Zoom, YouTube live, etc.)
- Filling out location and address fields for virtual events: In the Location Name, enter the method of accessing events and your organization’s name. (Example: Instagram Live via The Boston Calendar.) If your organization has a physical location, fill out the rest of the address fields normally. If you do not have a physical location, fill out the address fields like this:
4. When all fields are filled out and you’ve uploaded a photo, click ‘Create Event.’ The listing is now live on the site and you can review it and make any necessary changes by clicking ‘Edit.’ You can access all listings you’ve created at any time by clicking ‘Profile’ at the top right of every page on desktop, and in the drop-down menu on the top left on mobile.