Wednesday, Aug 12, 2020 3:00p -
Boston, MA 02116
History, Innovation, Kid Friendly, Virtual & Streaming
For thousands of years, people have been building bridges.
- What are some of the most unusual materials they've used?
- Where are the world's tallest and longest bridges?
- What are some of the most unusual bridges?
- The oldest still standing?
- The hardest to build?
- The lowest to the water?
- The most beautiful?
- What are some examples of bridges that move?
- What are some of the world's worst bridge disasters?
For this session of the MOST of everything about bridges, author/educator Pendred Noyce will give you a taste from her book, Engineering Bridges. At the end, she'll challenge you to build a small bridge of your own with the materials at hand.
Appropriate for ages 7+
Date: August 12, 2020
Time: 3:00pm – 3:45pm ET
Zoom info: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86214766273
Use code eb and receive 25% off and free shipping on Penny’s book – Engineering Bridges
Get your copy here: