Saturday, Jul 27, 2019 11:00a -
Sunday, Jul 28, 2019 11:00p
The Rose Kennedy Greenway
185 Kneeland St
Art, Festivals & Fairs, Kid Friendly
WHAT: FIGMENT is an explosion of creative energy. It's a free, annual celebration of participatory art and culture where everything is possible. For one weekend each summer, we transform The Rose Kennedy Greenway into a large-scale collaborative artwork - and then it's gone.
WHEN: Saturday, July 27: 11am - 6pm AND 6pm - 11pm for FIGMENT @ Night
Sunday, July 28: 12pm - 6pm
WHERE: The Rose Kennedy Greenway, Boston MA. Site extends from Dewey Square north through multiple parcels
COST: FREE! FIGMENT is a free, non-profit event, and we do not accept corporate sponsorships.
WHAT TO BRING: Whatever you need for a day of fun.
Consider: sunscreen, hat, and your imagination!
WHAT TO EXPECT: Art and activities in every medium available… especially the art and activities that YOU bring!
FIGMENT REMINDERS: To make sure you and all other visitors have a fun and safe experience, please keep the following in mind:
• It is NOT SAFE to CLIMB the art
• YOUR child = YOUR responsibility
• TREAT the art like it was your HOME
• It is NEVER "just you" doing it!
• THINK before you ACT
• Make the art look even BETTER for the NEXT VISITOR
WANT TO HELP?
We invite people to sign up to volunteer to help at the event, and sign up for our email list for continued opportunities to help out throughout the year. If you enjoy your experiences at FIGMENT, consider joining the FIGMENT 100 or make a one-time donation! FIGMENT is entirely run by volunteers and paid for by direct support from the community!
• LEAVE NO TRACE: We adhere to a "Leave No Trace" ethic, and ask you to do the same. If you bring it with you, either bring it back or make sure it gets into a trash receptacle.
• NO TRANSACTIONS: One of our goals is to create a social and creative experience uninterrupted by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. FIGMENT does not sell anything on the Greenway, and does not allow commerce of any kind.
• Document and share your experience: We invite you to participate by documenting your experience and sharing it back with us! Your photos and social media posts help us promote and fundraise for FIGMENT next year. Please tag Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Flickr photos and YouTube videos with "FIGBOS19" or send links directly to email@example.com
Full credit will be given each time your work is used!