A program-rich, multifunction non-profit arts center (formerly Emerson Umbrella) dedicated to enriching lives and building a vibrant arts community throughout the greater Boston Metrowest region. We inspire creativity, learning, and personal growth through youth and adult arts education programs, award-winning performing arts, visual art exhibits and galleries, environmental art, and community collaborations, festivals, and public art.
• Studio space for more than 50 artists and visiting artist residencies
• Arts classes, workshops, and youth summer camps in multiple media
• Multiple gallery exhibition space
• Outdoor space for sculpture and Big Art
• Community arts initiatives, including the Musketaquid Arts & Environment program
• Multiple performance spaces for all disciplines
Following a several-year renovation and expansion project, The Umbrella's programs return to its arts complex in the historic Emerson School building at 40 Stow Street, in the heart of the Concord Center Cultural District.