https://digitalsilverimaging.com/dsi-event/ziatype-workshop-anne-eder/ Digital Silver Imaging
9 Brighton Street
Belmont, MA 02478
Ziatypes have the look of platinum/palladium prints but are not as difficult or expensive to produce. This beautiful alternative processes maybe the perfect match for your photographic imagery. The Ziatype Workshop is for beginners and photographers with basic knowledge of the ziatype process. Expert instructor, Anne Eder, will take participants through the complete process of making ziatypes from digital image to finished ziatype print.
Anne will step participants through the entire process, starting with making a contact negative on an inkjet printer, coating of light sensitive paper, exposure with sunlight, and the final archival wash.
During the course of this day-long workshop participants will focus on:
• Perfecting negative conversion curves for better print results
• Creating a negative to express your vision
• Understanding ziatype chemistry
• Creating additional color and tone in your ziatype
If you are curious about the advantages of Ziatype printing here is a brief list:
• Ziatypes utilize a printing out process (POP), images can be evaluated as they print, resulting in far fewer underexposed or overexposed prints.
• Greater contrast control without graining
• Greater paper acceptance, prints well on most papers.
• Greater color control. You can “dial in” various shades of brown to red brown, purple to neutral grays.
• No developer needed.
• Excellent blacks (dmax)
All materials needed will be provided, prints will be made on Hahnmühle Platinum Rag paper. Participants need to bring 3 to 4 images on a flash drive, CD, or their laptop. Images should have good tonal scale in both the highlight and shadow areas. Two negatives will be made, one larger and one smaller, so a larger size file is better as it can always be reduced without image degradation. Files should be 300ppi, actual size. Participants will be able to keep, the prints , negatives, and custom curves made during the workshop.
First time participants only. See our website to enroll.