https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trips-search?id=47601 Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
Date Idea, Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
Keepin’up with winter hikes for beginners. Here another chance to join an easy-peasy cold snow wintery hike with a great view at the end… with a nice break if weather cooperates. Yes, time to grab your microspikes out of their box, put your winter insulated hiking boots on your foot and hit the snow.
Easy HIKE, not a WALK! WE will still go UP in da SNOW! #unprepaired=IburyUinTheSnow
Where we gonna hike? :
Black mountain in Benton
5 miles –only 1343 elevation gain –gradual ascension
Check da trail here
LOGISTIC AND GEARS QUESTIONS SHOULD BE PUT IN THE RIDJ-IT CHAT BOX. I will DENY all messages addressed to my personal e-mail and other social media. No pity!
You will put in practice what you learnt in winter hiking class:
- be a team player--> Don’t be a POO POO HOLE
- check the weather/trail conditions
- carry a paper map and a e map via gaia GPS or all trail
- DON’T be a DRAMA QUEEN/KING
- A LARGE BACK PACK (40L advice) to contain your gears
- Insulated hiking boots
- whool socks + spare
-potential snowshoes ( rental if you dont own your pair)
- base layer top and bottom synthetic or merino whool
- hiking pants
- fleece/ puffy/ down jacket as an insulation layer
- rain/wind shell : rain pants AND raincoat even if it is NOT raining!
- winter hat or/and balaclava, neck gaiter if you want
- I hope sunglasses, i want the SUN!
- gloves+/ handwarmers
-hiking poles if you wanna use them
- your safety kit with your vitamin I- Ibuprofen. I still sell 2$/ 250 mg pill
- kinesiologic tape whatever if you sprain something. I sell the use of my medical tapes for 5$
- handwarmers sold for 3$
- 2L of water supplemented with electrolytes
- Do not use water bladder if you don’t know how prevent your water to freeze
- Insulated Nalgene or double wall insulated container, also know as thermos
-Plenty of snack and your meal
If you have never hiked in winter with me, I will GSA (gear safety administration) YOU!
If you are missing and important gear, I will sent you back home, you get no refund. No exception, even if you are a driver.
I am keeping this hike small. If another experienced winter hiker is willing to co-lead with me, I will add 4 additional spots. Otherwise, I am not going to add any supplementary spots.