https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trip-detail?id=96723 Sullivan Square
Sullivan Square(Medford Street / The Neck, Boston, MA, USA)
Boston, MA 02129
Movies, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
A RSPV on Meetup doesn’t get you on this event. You must book through Ridj-it using the link above.
If you are new to Ridj-it, you’ll be asked to create a profile, and once you have done that and the profile is approved, re-click the link above and sign-in with your new credentials. If you are a returning Ridj-it user, you’ll be asked to sign-in with your credentials. For both cases, after signing in, you’ll be able to book by clicking the “Let’s do it!” button at the bottom of the page. Follow the steps to book.
You’ll get an email from Ridj-it with a confirmation number plus a list of items that you purchased during booking- this will indicate that you have correctly booked for the event.We have a zero tolerance policy for those who fail to follow the above instructions. Not following these steps puts everyone at risk and undermines event management, and will lead to us banning you from this group and from affiliated groups and platformsLet's take the easiest and most iconic way up to Mt Washington.
It is important to properly research this trail and bring proper gear as conditions can quickly turn dangerous as a result of bad weather in the form of severe storms, snow, and wind. There are no markings on Tuckerman's Ravine, so it's easy to take a wrong turn. Keep left after the last yellow arrow and follow the cairns once you crest the wall.
Given how popular this route is, I want to avoid beginners that haven't been to the Presidential Range yet. Please do not sign up for this hike, if you have never done any of the Presis.
distance: 7.4 miles
elevation gain: 4000ft+
If you exercise regularly doing cardio (or have experience hiking), this jaunt is rated as hard. So, if you're looking to go as fast as possible or have difficulty staying together as a group, I do not recommend this hike for you. However, you must exercise regularly doing cardio - please do not join otherwise. If you do not have an extensive Ridj-it history, or we haven't hiked together in the past, when signing up, please post which of the Presidentials have you done in the past.
1) I am not a guide and this is not a service - I expect you to be fully prepared with the gear listed below and the mindset that you could get yourself out of trouble if needed.
2) We stick together - this is a group event, so if you feel that you are not flexible in working as a team, this will not be a good hike for you.
3) Relax - it's summer, and we have time on the trail when starting early in the morning.
4) Parking is limited, so non-carpoolers will be limited.
5) Showing up without registering on Ridj-it with a profile and then actually signing up for the trip is a safety hazard and will get you banned. Do not message me to join in any alternative manner.
1) Hiking boots or trail runners (not regular tennis shoes)
2) 2 - 3 liters of water
3) Sandwich and food
5) Electronic or physical maps of the hike (as included above)
6) Hat, sunglasses, bug spray, and SPF protection
7) Athletic clothing
If you are unsure as to whether this is the right hike for you, please post your question on the Ridj-it wall on the Ridj-it website! Others may have the same question, so you will be doing others a favor by being curious.
After the hike, we will be going out for dinner if time permits. Need to recover some of that energy!