https://www.mos.org/public-events/waiting-rooms Museum of Science Boston
1 Science Park
Boston, MA 02114
Art, Date Idea
This is not the Museum you know. Waiting Rooms transforms the building into an absurdist social bureaucracy, taking you into spaces where visitors are not allowed to go. The rules will steer you as you wander from room to room, leading to situations that are sometimes collaborative and sometimes competitive. The only story that happens are the choices that you make.
Architect Nathalie Pozzi and game designer Eric Zimmerman are behind this marquee event in our adult lineup this fall. Waiting Rooms is a building-sized installation that explores themes of bureaucracy, immigration, economic inequality, and the systemization of contemporary life. Prepare yourself for a fully participatory experience!
Event Dates & Times:
- Tuesday, September 26 from 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Wednesday, September 27 from 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 4 from 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- Thursday, October 5 from 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Waiting Rooms is for adults ages 18+.
Funding provided by the Barbara and Malcolm L. Sherman Fund for Adult Programs.
- Tickets must be purchased before 5:00 pm the day of the event; no tickets sold at the door.
- This experience takes place throughout the entirety of the Museum and as such, requires changing locations multiple times. Please contact us at 617-589-3102 with accessibility questions or concerns.
- Your ticket for Waiting Rooms grants you to access at the entry time that you select. The total experience lasts until 10:30 pm.
Waiting Rooms can be a physically strenuous and emotionally provocative experience. It takes place throughout the entirety of the Museum and requires changing locations multiple times. This can involve walking for extended periods, making use of stairs, being in enclosed spaces, and standing for periods of time.
That said, Waiting Rooms is a flexible experience and is open to all mobility and accessibility needs. Please contact us at 617-589-3102 with any accessibility or mobility questions so that we can ensure a comfortable experience.