Friday, Sep 21, 2018 8:30a -
Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center
181 Boston Post Road West
Marlborough, Massachusetts 01752
Business, Innovation, Lectures & Conferences, Social Good
Spectrum Health Systems’ Education, Training and Consulting program is kicking off its Fall Training Series with: Understanding and Using Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Techniques in the Treatment of Substance Use Disorders, a course taught by Romas Buivydas, Ph.D., LMHC and VP of Clinical Development at Spectrum.
EMDR is a comprehensive psychotherapy that accelerates the treatment of a wide range of disorders and self-esteem issues related to disturbing events and present life conditions. EMDR therapy is guided by the Adaptive Information Processing model which addresses the unprocessed memories that appear to set the basis for a wide range of dysfunction, including SUDs.
• Learn about EMDR and its uses
• Learn how trauma-informed interventions that are used in EMDR open pathways to DBT techniques
• Learn how to address SUDs and associated traumatic experiences using the skills learned
The schedule is as follows:
• 8:30am – Registration & Continental Breakfast
• 9am to 12pm – Training
• 12pm to 1pm – Lunch (on your own)
• 1pm to 4pm – Training
Continuing Education Hours approved for:
• MA Licensed Social Workers
• MA Licensed Mental Health Counselors and NBCC Certified Counselors
• MA Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors and NAADAC Certified Counselors
• MA Social Workers and National Association of Social Workers
Meet the Teacher: Romas Buivydas, PhD, LMHC
Dr. Buivydas has more than twenty-five years of experience in the behavioral health field, specializing in substance use disorder and mental health treatment. In addition to serving as the Vice President of Clinical Development at Spectrum Health Systems, he provides education, training, and consultation in clinical best practices throughout the country and regularly presents at professional conferences/symposia.
To see the full list of class offerings from Spectrum Education, Training and Consulting, visit www.SpectrumHealthSystems.org/training/fall-training-series