48 Gloucester St
Boston, MA 02115
Date Idea, Drinks, Nightlife
𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖘 𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖔 𝖆 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖒 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖘
Hecate, an underground cocktail bar, will be opened on Thursday, April 7.
Hecate European Style Cocktail Bar is now open in Back Bay, Wednesday - Saturday starting at 6:00 p.m.
Hecate is a new concept from the team behind Krasi Meze & Wine and you could say their passion for wine and spirits rivals their passion for Greece. Krasi has the largest all Greek wine list in the country (now that Molyvos in NYC has shuttered) and now they are introducing Hecate - a concept unlike anything that Boston has seen before.
Much like the goddess herself, the team at Hecate is thriving to push boundaries - unusual ingredients and combinations, spirits that are not easily accessible to the masses and flavors that the average imbiber wouldn't otherwise come across. Beverage Directors Aliz Meszesi (who hails from Transylvania and was studying to be a surgeon before falling in love with hospitality) and Lou Charbonneau aim for guests to come in to experience spirits that they have not tried before, and in categories they may not have considered before. At Hecate there is not necessarily something for everyone, there is something for everyone who wants to get out of their comfort zone.
And there is a story for every drink.
1. Reservations are not accepted. Seating is on a first come, first serve basis.
2. We are serving Wednesday Saturday 18:00 to 01:00
3. We welcome complete parties of 1 4 humans.
4. We do not have a phone. All inquiries can be directed to [email protected]. Responses usually take 24-48 hours. Please do not contact Krasi regarding Hecate questions.
5. While inside, please remain seated, turbulence may occur at any time. No standing permitted.
6. Speak. .easy, mind your manners. We ask you restrain from flash photography and phone calls when in the space.
7. Vodka sodas are available from 9am-5pm. We open at 6pm and look forward to seeing you.
8. Theft of property, including our menu, will be met with cruel and unusual punishment.
9. Keep an open mind, experience the unknown.
10. Due to HECATE's ethereal nature, she is currently unable to collect cash payments. Cash is reserved for tips and paying the ferryman
11. Be patient, excellence takes time.
Photo by: Adam Detour