Do you already know the basics of ukulele playing?
Can you finger and switch between the following chords from memory and without looking at the left hand and play all down strokes or a combination of down and up strokes in a regular beat: C, C7, F, G7, G, Hawaiian D7.
In this five-week course, you will learn
1. Common chord progressions: the 20% that comprise 80% of pop songs
2. Application of air, wham, mute, chk strokes to expand your strum patterns
3. Moveable chord shapes: deriving new chords from ones you already know
4. Approach to new songs: find the starting note, count in, intro and outro
5. Basic fingerpicking accompaniment
6. Tab reading for melodic riffs in songs
7. Love songs for Valentine’s Day
More at http://www.anneku.com/ukulele/
Pay for the first session $39 and decide/pay remaining four for $120 or register for all five sessions for $135. This course is offered on two days during the week: Monday evenings or Saturday afternoons.
5 Mondays 1/6, 1/27, 2/3rd, 2/10, 2/17 from 7:30 pm
5 Saturdays 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15 from 2 pm