https://generalassemb.ly/education/ladies-lounge-the-state-of-equal-pay/boston/43443 General Assembly
125 Summer St
Boston, MA 02110
Business, Innovation, Lectures & Conferences, Meetup, Tech
As one of our favorite Bostonians once said, "She works hard for her money, so hard for it, honey." Sadly, no matter how hard we work, the wage gap still remains - but new policies might soon help change that in Massachusetts.
Come learn about how these policies, improved negotiating skills, and company-led initiatives are combining to make the workforce more equal - in Boston and beyond.
Our panel of cross-industry experts will:
- Share details of the Pay Equity bill
- Explain what it can mean for you as a new or continuing employee or hiring manager in MA
- Give strategies for advocating for your worth and getting paid what you deserve
- Lydia Bowers: Founder, Dear People Ops
- Nina Joan Kimball: Partner, Kimball Brousseau LLP
- Jennifer Irvine: Director of Marketing and Business Development, Bowditch & Dewey, LLP