When:
Friday, May 14, 2021 9:00p -
11:00p

Where:
Online event
507 Jamaica Way
Boston, MA 02130

EventScheduled OnlineEventAttendanceMode

Admission:
$0-1000

Categories:
Date Idea, LGBT, Music, Nightlife, Party, Performing Arts, Virtual & Streaming

Event website:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-poetry-brothel-x-butterfly-tickets-148355285653

The Poetry Brothel is an immersive literary cabaret that fuses poetry, activism, vaudeville, burlesque, live music, visual art, mysticism, and private one-on-one poetry experiences. Step into the Zoom Room to bathe in the wisdom of poets and mystics, celebrate the body with poetry of the flesh, and cocoon in private break out rooms for intimate readings!


Following the recent gun violence, and particularly the murder of Asian and Asian American sex workers, we feel the pull to use our platform to continue our work of destigmatizing sex work and of fostering positive connections that get us acknowledging, re-thinking, and engaging with each other on these issues.


That's why this virtual show benefits Butterfly, an organization founded by sex workers dedicated to supporting Asian and Migrant Sex Workers with legal assistance, health resources, education, advocacy, support network building, and more. Admission is Pay-What-You-Can and 30% of proceeds will be donated to Butterly, while the other 70% will be split between performers.

Share this event

Add to:

Reddit
05/14/2021 21:00:00 05/14/2021 23:00:00 America/New_York The Poetry Brothel x Butterfly The Poetry Brothel is an immersive literary cabaret that fuses poetry, activism, vaudeville, burlesque, live music, visual art, mysticism, and private one-on-one poetry experiences. Step into the Z... Zoom (Virtual), Boston, MA 02130 false MM/DD/YYYY