Wednesday, Aug 10, 2022 8:00a -
Friday, Sep 30, 2022 5:00p
Business & Professional, University
Things That Make You Smile is a well-funded, seed-stage company on a mission to empower users to discover experiences that stimulate the soul, nourish the mind, and open people’s eyes. Our platform includes thebostoncalendar.com and a newly launched app, Joyraft, that will truly change how people find experiences and connect with others in their own cities and in the world around them. Once we successfully roll out our integrated platform in Boston we will quickly scale to the rest of the United States and then internationally.
We are looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our team as our UX/UI guru. You will take our understanding of our Users, our app design and the product usability to the next level. You must have a track record of building best-in-class consumer facing mobile experiences. You will be a key member of our small team - interfacing with product, design and engineering as well as being a part of all key strategic and business decisions.
- Translating concepts into user flows, wireframes, and mockups to support product definition and ongoing development.
- Planning and conducting user research through interviews, observations, card sorts, and other research methods.
- Producing personas and journey maps.
- Contributing to product vision and strategy.
- Developing low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes for stakeholder feedback and testing.
- Creating production-ready designs and providing guidance to developers implementing them.
- Other design work to support our growing brand.
- Previous experience developing and leading UI/UX design and user testing for consumer mobile applications.
- Ability to receive and act quickly on feedback to wireframes and mockups.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping software such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InVision.
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment.
- Experience working within Agile Scrum.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
The ideal candidate would be located in Boston and would be a part of our hybrid team working two days in the office (with the option of working in person more if you’d like). We have a generous healthcare package and unlimited vacation.
If interested, please reach out to [email protected].