Sports & Active Life
Spring is starting to bloom all around Boston and today's forecast calls for clear skies and a high 54°. The Boston Calendar's event pick of the day to take a walk (while practicing social distancing, of course).
Is It OK to Take a Walk?
Yes, experts say. Equal parts transit alternative and therapy, contemplative strolls are helping people’s mental and physical health. Just stay six feet apart.
And don't forget to do the five:
1) HANDS: Wash them often
2) ELBOW: Cough into it
3) FACE: Don't touch it
4) FEET: Stay more than 6ft apart
5) FEEL sick? Stay home
Here are some Boston-related COVID-19 links we have compiled to help keep you informed through the pandemic...
• Mass.gov press release overviewing restaurant shutdowns, school closures, and the ban on gatherings over 25
• Information on the MBTA reducing service starting March 17, 2020
• The City of Boston's COVID-19 information page (including info on the declared public health emergency)
• City of Boston food resource map as compiled by a redditor
• List of canceled or postponed events in Boston because of coronavirus
• There is lots of helpful information constantly being posted to reddit Boston daily; this link shows posts by most recent
• @thebostoncal put together an Instastory highlighting local acts of kindness that have arisen amid the pandemic
• Precautionary measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
We will get through this together. Even if, for now, that means staying apart.