https://www.facebook.com/events/860974011087609/ Online event
2 Belgrade Ave.
Roslindale, MA 02131
$5 suggested donation
Alcohol, Performing Arts, Social Good, Virtual & Streaming
Distraction Brewing Co. is thrilled to sponsor a special virtual edition of Story Club Boston! Grab a Distraction brew (or beverage of your choice) and join us for an evening of stories and much-needed connection.
Story Club Boston is our city's unique storytelling show. No competition, just a handful of featured storytellers plus a few open mic slots for stories from YOU, the audience. It's all about your stories, and we believe everybody has one.
Inside/Outside - Tales of memorable times spent inside or outside for prolonged periods of time. Or times when you had to look inside yourself - or step outside yourself - to gain new perspective.
• David Arroyo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9wEDlu4Yc0
• Scott Schultz: https://www.latimes.com/la-et-cm-busted-podcast-20180904-htmlstory.html
• Britt Julius: https://brittjulious.tumblr.com/about
• Attila the Stockbroker
• Dana Norris: Founder of Story Club and author of the just-released book "The Storytelling Code: 10 Simple Rules to Shape and Tell a Brilliant Story." http://www.dananorris.net/
Roslindale Congregational Church Rcc Food Pantry
$5 suggested donation via Venmo: @StoryClubBoston
• The show includes the five featured storytellers above plus a handful of open mic slots, all focused on the theme.
• Stories can be recited from memory or from the page.
• Sign up for the open mic by typing your name into the Zoom Chat window. We'll add your name to a hat and draw at random - so be ready!
• Open mic participants are given 8 minutes (1300 words).
Story Club Boston is organized by Ken Green with assistance from Kim Fox.