Saturday, Jul 25, 2020 11:30a -
The Ride for Black Lives is a bike ride in solidarity with the fight against systems and acts of oppression, police brutality against, criminal injustice system against, and murder of Black people, including and especially those who are LGBTQ+', disabled, poor, and under control of the criminal justice system.
This is Black-led and Black-centered solidarity ride co-organized by:
Boston Bike Party
My Brother's Keeper 617
Bikes Not Bombs
Tiffany Cogell, community organizer
Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, welcome.
- Wear a black shirt (or come ready to buy one of the event tees) to show solidarity and support for ALL Black lives
- When: Saturday July 25th
- Time: 11:30am Meet, 12:00pm program Start
- Where: Meet at White Stadium side entrance in Franklin Park ( google pin: https://goo.gl/maps/ZvYFZraKyZGzkS2Q9
ROUTE DETAILS TO COME
Black community members and allies will share a few brief words with riders, and the ride will roll through Dorchester and Roxbury neighborhoods and past meaningful Black monuments.
==FOLLOW COVID and GROUP RIDE SAFETY GUIDELINES==
- Mask up
- Stay socially distance, 6 feet away from others during meetup and the ride
- Use hand sanitizer and wash your hands
- Stay to the Right
- Stay with the group and follow ride marshals
- Ride Straight
- Don't Hate
- Pack your Trash
- Ask for permission before taking photos of people. No photos of those who don't want photos taken
- Do NOT antagonize or escalate any situation
- Do NOT talk to the press. Direct them to organizers, Black folks, or speakers.
-Do NOT lead chants. Follow and uplift Black voices.
==DONATE to support local activism for Black lives==
We encourage folks (especially those who cannot attend) to donate to Young Abolitionists and help them bring about a world with no police or prisons. T-shirt sales will benefit their work.
==VOLUNTEER== As a ride marshal, t shirt salesperson, or distributing supplies by messaging Ride for Black Lives - Boston Facebook page.
==BLUEBIKES, Boston's leading bikeshare company, is offering free bikes every Saturday in July. Just download the app and get a bike from the Seaver St. station.