Wednesday, Nov 01, 2017 6:30p -
125 Summer Street, 13th floor
Boston, Massachusetts 02110
Business, Lectures & Conferences, Tech
About This Class
Whether you have experience in programming or are looking to get started for the first time, getting involved in the Python community will put you on the fast track to success in a variety of data-related fields.
In this workshop, you’ll learn all about Python - including how to get started, what advantages and disadvantages Python provides as a programming language, the essentials of programming in Python, and what tools are available to analyze and work with data in Python.
By the end of our workshop, you’ll be able to define python programming fundamentals, explain the common python libraries used in data analysis, discuss how python can be applied to a data workflow, and practice applying your newfound Python skills to solve a sample real world problem.
Chart your own career path. Pick up where this workshop leaves off. Enhance your professional skill set with Python skills in our 10-week, part-time Data Science course or become job-ready with our 12-week, full-time Data Science Immersive program.
- Touch on fundamental Python programming techniques and tools.
- Discover the history of Python and how it compares to other programming languages.
- Discuss its applications in data analysis and the types of problems it can solve.
- See where Python programming fits into the data workflow.
- Apply your new skills to solve a real-world problem with Python.