Saturday, Aug 24, 2019 9:00a -
Sunday, Nov 17, 2019 7:00p
25 Minutes - 1.5 Hours
Outside of Boston
Date Idea, Festivals & Fairs, Food, Kid Friendly
Here are seven farms outside of Boston where you can "PYO" (pick-your-own) produce. In particular, pumpkins & apples.
1) Nashoba Winery in Bolton, MA
- There's a brewery/winery/distillery on the property so you can grab a few pints/glasses of wine while you are picking apples. Apples.
2) Verrill Farm in Concord, MA
- Pick your own pumpkins. Field is open weekends 10 am - 3 pm. Pumpkins.
3) Smolak Farms in North Andover, MA
- They let you pick by weight, so there's no minimum amount. (Most farms just give you a certain size bag for a fixed price.) Apples.
4) Ward's Berry Farm in Sharon, MA
- Over 30 acres of pumpkins in all shapes & sizes. That's about 100,000 pumpkins! Pumpkins.
5) Pickard Farm in Littleton, MA
- Pick your own pumpkins right off the vine. Just 30 minutes from Boston; located less than a mile from Kimball Farm Ice Cream Stand & Witches Woods. Pumpkins.
6) Russell Orchards in Ipswich, MA
- It's a bit of a drive, but if the foliage is just right it's a beautiful drive. It won't be as insane as some of the other orchards, but it does get busy on weekends. They also have amazing cider donuts that are totally worth the wait. Apples.
7) The Big Apple in Wrentham, MA
- This place is cool and has amazing donuts, cider, and candy apples. So there's that. Apples.