https://www.downunderyoga.com/boston-yoga-classes/yoga-workshops Down Under School of Yoga
2000 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02140
Prenatal Partner Yoga
Yoga for Labor, Birth, and Connection
This workshop provides an opportunity for couples to enhance their awareness and confidence in pregnancy and birth using partner yoga in a light, fun atmosphere. The workshop will also focus on different ways to connect and use yoga off the mat and during birth.
Topics covered include:
• Yoga sequences and postures which could be useful during labor and delivery
• Alternative birthing positions and how to get in and out of them
• Intuitive massage techniques to relieve pain and increase endorphins
• Counter pressure techniques useful for relieving labor pain
• Vocal toning to facilitate relaxation and opening
Partner yoga is a fun practice of yoga postures done in physical contact with another person. Students experience a deeper sense of release and stretching through sharing weight and touch with their partners. The practice helps develop a strong feeling of connection, both on the mat and afterwards.