https://www.meetup.com/Boston-Movie-Production-Meetup/events/259946455/ Democracy Center
45 Mt Auburn St
Cambridge, MA, MA 02138
Film, Lectures & Conferences, Meetup, Performing Arts, Social Good
Come pitch your film ideas to the potential crew as well as to Lorie Conway, an award-winning producer with her own filmmaking business. She wants to hear your ideas and help you with any and all logistical, creative, and technical questions
Lorie Conway is a filmmaker, writer, and director, who since 2000 has been a producer for her Production company, “Boston Film and Video”. So far in Lorie’s career as a filmmaker, she’s received several awards and honors, mostly for her bold choices and emotionally thought-provoking films, amongst her most established awards are The Peabody, DuPont, and Harvard’s Nieman Fellowship in Journalism, to mention a few!
Her ideas for film have also gotten the attention of grant funders who’ve backed her financially in creating her documentary films. Lorie has also written a book and produced for WGBH, PBS, and Chronicle. As if that wasn’t enough, Lorie currently has several documentary films in development, including. "Hope is a Powerful Weapon," A film based on Nelson Mandela's never-before-published prison letters.Want to know more about Lorie and her films? Please take a look at her social media
Vimeo profile: https://vimeo.com/lorieconway
Website: bostonfilmvideo.com, Instagram, ellistvseries, and humansofellisisland
Actors and Crews welcome!
Why come to this event:
• You have a film project that you’re excited about, you want to pitch it and recruit people to help get it done.
• You are ready to build your skills by working with fellow filmmakers and can’t wait to join a team!
• You want to make filmmaker friends
• It’s FREE. Duh.
Who should come to this event:
• If you have a film idea/project, and you are looking for collaboration
• If you are looking to join a film project
• If you are looking to get your feet wet
• If you are looking to network with other filmmakers and creatives
• 10:30 – 10:40: Meet and Great and Intro
• 10:40 – 12:30 : Pitches by idea leaders are given to the audience and guest Producer Lorie Conway, The audiences ask questions about your film project and Lorie will answer any specific questions you have about pre-production, production, and funding etc.
• 12:30 – 1:00: Networking
IF YOU ARE PITCHING:
1) If you wish to pitch, we ask that you submit a short synopsis of the film and a list of crew positions/actors that you are looking to recruit to email@example.com.
2) There will be 10 submitted pitches in total, if you do not submit a synopsis and crew/actor list you may still pitch if time allows. Please see Sean or Christina before hand and we will get you up to pitch.
3) The day after the pitch events we will post a summery pdf of the pitches on our Facebook RoleHat Group. If you do not want your film to be posted on our site we will not post it.
4) If you can’t make the pitches but still want to pitch your film, sign up on the RoleHat Film Group and post it online!
For every pitch, please tell the audience:
• What is the film about? What genre is it? Be sure to describe your film idea in a way to make other filmmakers interested in working with you.
• What have you done for the production of your film? E.g. have a script written, have the locations ready, hired a DP, etc…
• What talent do you need to collaborate with? E.g. need co-writer, need one female actress and one male actor, need editors.
The process for each pitch is:
• 8 minutes: idea leaders pitch
• 4 minutes: audiences ask questions
All crafts are valuable in the filming world, whether you are an actor, writer, musician, editor, photographer or just looking to be a production assistant. All are welcome.