Tuesday, Apr 30, 2019 6:00p -
Artists for Humanity Epicenter
100 W. 2nd Street
Boston, MA 02127
Somerville-based nonprofit, Parenting Journey, will host its second annual Breakfast of Family Champions. This year the fundraiser will celebrate the unique role that women play as parents, community connectors and leaders.
The event will alternate between digital presentations showcasing PJ’s parents and honorees and original music sets by DJ Riobamba, an Ecuadorian-Lithuanian producer, DJ, and cultural activist. The curated sets of Latinx music celebrate women’s voices and immigrant communities in the diaspora, to bring attention to the need for systemic change to uplift families. Guests will enjoy the family-favorite breakfast for dinner.
All proceeds support Parenting Journey’s mission to provide programs that motivate parents and caregivers and strengthen families and communities, advocate for equitable family policies, and disrupt the social narrative around parenting in poverty.
Parenting Journey will recognize local female Family Champions, including:
• Ayanna Pressley, U.S. Congresswoman serving the 7th District of Massachusetts
• Meghan Irons, reporter, The Boston Globe
• Kate Guedj, senior vice president and chief philanthropy officer, The Boston Foundation
Other female community leaders involved, include:
• Bithiah Carter, president and CEO of New England Blacks in Philanthropy, co-chair
• Sandy Lish, principal and co-founder of The Castle Group, co-chair
For more information and to purchase a ticket, please visit https://parentingjourney.org/bofc/
or contact Karla Aguilar at email@example.com
or 617.628.8815 x239