We open our space the first Monday night of each month for you to bring projects that change Boston for the better. Host small events, co-work, network, trade skills and get involved with the projects of others.
At Open Project Night you can:
- Network with local people who share an interest in a better Boston, Cambridge, and beyond. Imagine together, share opportunities to get involved, and trade skills.
- Work on existing local project ideas or come to work on your own (post-its and white boards provided, laptops are not).
- Host your event or meeting in one of our meeting spaces (one is for up to 15 people, others are 4-6 comfortably).
What kind of projects are we talking about? This month at OPN, we're hosting the following groups:
- BostonSpeaks Pitch Night, where we invite entrepreneurs, investors, business owners, nonprofit professionals and a bunch of workaholics to come together and work on our pitch. (Whether it is an elevator pitch or a pitch to VCs) The most important way to improve is to pitch often and get feedback.
- The DIY Data Art project uses technology, innovation, and art to address racial injustices, economic equality, and the ‘value gap’ in local Boston communities in a personalized way. The project aims to equip youth of color with the data literacy skills to navigate the world around them and better understand data and the technologies that they use in their everyday lives.
- Learn to use and edit the largest collaborative mapping project in the world with Open Street Map Boston, and make Boston better by providing access to local spatial location data. (BYOLaptop!)
- Join Buzzing Barriers to share your story by creating mixed media art, and learn about using visual storytelling to help cultivate compassion and support local social justice nonprofits.
- A Boston IDEO chapter meetup
*This event is part of a week-long event series #ImpactFest, celebrating our local social impact community with Impact Hub Boston. See all of the events: boston.impacthub.net/impactfest