Saturday, Jul 16, 2022 11:00a -
Sunday, Jul 17, 2022 11:00a
Date Idea, Good for Groups, Kid Friendly, Meetup, Nature, Nightlife, Outside, Photoworthy, Seasonal, Sports & Active Life
Grab your camping gear and join a Park Ranger for an unforgettable night sky experience in Boston Harbor!
Join Boston Harbor Islands National & State Park for the return of Night Sky camping on Peddocks Island!
Learn how to use a telescope, admire the cosmos, tell stories around a campfire, and enjoy an overnight excursion to on the second largest island in Boston Harbor!
- Roundtrip ferry ride from Downtown Boston to Peddocks Island, or Hingham Shipyard Marina
- Camping site for one night in the group camping area
- Night Sky ranger-led programs
- Additional evening programming
What to bring: Please bring everything necessary for a backcountry camping experience including:
- Blankets, pillows, camping pads
- Charcoal & a camping stove if you have one
- Cooking & eating utensils as well as plates or bowls
- Food & beverages to last your entire trip. Please note that *NO ALCOHOL* is permitted on the island
- Outdoor clothing and gear
- *Optional*: Binoculars, telescopes, cameras, and anything else you'd like to bring to enhance your experience
Saturday July 16
- 10:30am: Arrive at dock to board and depart
- 11:00am: Ferry departs for Peddocks Island
- 11:45am: Ferry arrives at Peddocks Island
- 8:00pm: Guided Night Sky program begins
- 10:00pm: Night Sky program ends
Sunday July 17:
- 10:30am: Meet at Peddocks Island dock to board return ferry to Boston
- 11:00am: Ferry departs Peddocks Island for Boston
- 11:45am: Estimated arrival in Boston
This program is presented by the National Park Service, the Department of Conservation and Recreation, and Boston Harbor Now as part of the commemoration of the Boston Harbor Islands' 25th anniversary as a National Park and 50th anniversary as a State Park.