Wednesday, Jan 01, 2020 2:00p -
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
East Middlesex Fells Reservation Loop Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Medford, Massachusetts that features a lake and is rated as moderate. "Fells" is the Saxon word for rocky, hilly tracts of land - an apt name for this scenic area which is rich in local history. This picturesque area was once favored for timber, granite quarrying, ice industry, and water power for the many mills including one that manufactured some of the first vulcanized rubber products.
See trail here: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/massachusetts/east-middlesex-fells-reservation-loop-trail
I am there to enjoy the hike and not serve as your guide. Since this is a winter hike, proper gear is a must. Let me know if you have any questions.
WHAT TO BRING*:
1. Map, Compass or GPS
2. Sunscreen, Lip balm and Sunglasses
3. Proper clothing and outer wear
- Waterproof, winter-hiking boots
- Snowshoes (I will confirm this and depends on the trail conditions)
- Water-resistant or waterproof pants. Thermal layer if necessary.
- Non-cotton base layer (preferable wool or synthetic).
- Non-cotton, breathable mid-layer
- Water-resistant or waterproof hard/soft shell jacket
4. Headlamp or flashlight (plus spare batteries)
5. First-aid supplies
6. Matches or lighter, Waterproof container, Fire starter (for emergency survival fire)
7. Repair kit and tools (Knife or multi-tool)
8. Lunch and snacks + extra day's supply of food
9. 2-3 liters of water that won't freeze. (Insulated water bottle or other method)
10. Emergency shelter (Tent, tarp, bivy or reflective blanket)
There will be a gear check for this hike at the pick up location and at the trailhead if you're a non-carpooler. If you don't have the gear, you will not be allowed to join the hike. No exceptions!