https://www.downunderyoga.com/boston-yoga-classes/yoga-workshops Online event
1054 Beacon Street
Brookline, MA 02446
Sports & Active Life, Virtual & Streaming
***A Zoom invitation email will go out to pre-registered students 1 hour before the class, and again 15 minutes before the class begins. Please make sure we have the correct email address on file for you so you receive your invitation! Contact the studio at 617.566.9642 with any questions.***
A comprehensive class for expectant parents seeking an unmedicated birth experience, or delaying using pharmacological pain management options during labor.
This class with Bec Conant focuses on yogic and other coping techniques with an emphasis on working through the labor process. Class time will allow for both discussion and practice of coping mechanisms.
Specific topics covered:
• The four cornerstones to working with the labor experience
• Signs of labor onset and when to engage with your labor
• Comfort techniques such as: breathing, massage, visualization, movement and positions, Robozo, hydrotherapy, and medication
• Birth plans and how to make informed decisions in labor
• Pushing and birth in all its forms (natural and not)
• Immediate postpartum and newborn procedures
Parents will have a chance to envision the specifics of how they wish to welcome their baby into their arms, and work with the specifics of their birth experiences.