Saturday, Sep 19, 2020 8:15a -
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
We will hike two of the Presidentials and visit the Madison Hut. There will be views, as these mountains are a pile of rocks at the top
I am almost done completing the 48 (43 as of this writing) and done many solo. I"ve done and hosted a few with Ridg-It and would love to have your company.
elevation: 4977 ft
I expect you to have previous hiking experience in the Whites. If you don’t, please reconsider. This is not a hike to begin with.
We will be hiking at a moderate pace, around 1.5 miles per hour. These mountains are notorious for taking longer than you expect. So, if you're looking to go as fast as possible or have difficulty staying together as a group, I do not recommend this hike for you.
Weather can change in a matter of a few minutes on these peaks. It will be around 32 degrees F and windy. Please be prepared for clouds, rain, even snow.
The plan is to take Valley Way to the Madison Hut. Summit Mt Madison and return to the hut. Summit Adams return to the hut. Finally, return to the cars by Valley Way.
1) I am not a guide and this is not a service - I expect you to be fully prepared with the gear listed below and the mindset that you could get yourself out of trouble if needed.
2) We stick together - this is a group event, so if you feel that you are not flexible in working as a team, this will not be a good hike for you.
3) Relax - I's fall and we can enjoy the foliage from our endless views at the top.
4) We will follow COVID guidelines and wear masks during carpool and on the trail when social distancing cannot be maintained. Do not show up if you do not agree to the COVID guidelines.
5) Parking is limited, so non-carpoolers will be limited.
6) Showing up without registering on Ridj-it with a profile and then actually signing up for the trip is a safety hazard and will get you banned. Do not message me to join in any alternative manner.
Please answer the following questions before/when you join.
1. When was your last hike? How many miles was it? How much elevation gain?
2. What does your weekly exercise routine look like?
3. Do you have all of the gear marked as required below?
1) Hiking boots or trail runners (not regular tennis shoes)
2) 2 - 3 liters of water
3) Sandwich and food
5) Electronic or physical maps of the hike (as included above) - don't show up without access to a map. I don't mind if you can't read it 100%, but showing up without one expecting me to guide you is a massive no no and I'll ask you to leave since you could otherwise pay me $200 for guiding you
6) Hat, gloves, warm layers sufficient for 32degree weather with windchill.
7) Rain gear
8) Headlamp. Phones for a flashlight are not enough.
If you are unsure as to whether this is the right hike for you, please post your question on the Ridj-it wall on the Ridj-it website! Others may have the same question, so you will be doing others a favor by being curious.
After the hike, we will be going out for dinner if time permits. Need to recover some of that energy, and celebrate summiting two more 4000 footers.