Saturday, Oct 24, 2020 9:00a -
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
We'll be hiking Mt. Chocorua, a 52 WAV in New Hampshire at 3,478 ft.
Mount Chocorua Loop Trail is 9.8 miles 3,169 ft elevation gained
Note: I will not be at the pickup spot. I'll be driving myself from Salem, MA to Piper Trailhead. Happy to pick anyone up who is along my way.
There will be a gear check for this hike at the trailhead. If you don't have the gear, you will not be allowed to join the hike. No exceptions!
1) This hike will not be a speed hike don't sign up if you're going for bullet train velocity
2) Be respectful of COVID guidelines we will absolutely maintain social distancing while carpooling and hiking.
3) Information will be released only to those who sign up via Ridj-it; don't ask for information otherwise.
4) You must hike or conduct aerobic exercise regularly in order to join
5) You will answer the below questions before joining if your Ridj-it profile is bare.
1) When were your last three hikes? When were they? How many miles was each one? What was the elevation gain of each one? (Note - not total elevation - elevation gain).
2) What does your exercise routine look like?
3) Will you have all of the required gear for this hike? Seriously, don't sign up if you don't.
Gear you will need (no exceptions)
2) Hiking shoes (not sneakers or other inappropriate footwear. No exceptions - if you show up in loafers you'll be turned away)
4) Lots of snacks for yourself
5) A cloth or other mask when social distancing is not possible
6) A bottle or container that can hold 2 liters of water
7) Rain gear if we face light sprinkles
8) Digital map/printed or download- see links below (seriously - have them or don't sign up)
9) Layers!!! Athletic clothing - non-cotton. Jeans, for example, are absolutely not allowed.
10) A light jacket (it will be chilly!! Especially at the top)
11) Hat and gloves
12) Non-cotton socks: think wool blends
13) Headlamp or flashlight - phone does not count
4) Trekking poles