Please join Josh, Tara, Adaeze Anyaosah and Lexi Harriman in a follow up rally for racial justice in Brookline. Our goal is to maintain our momentum and begin to build bridges by promoting an honest and open public conversation among the residents of Brookline and our police and governing body. The rally will feature the personal stories of students and young people in Brookline. Please join us!
Meeting place: People with Josh will meet in front of old Lincoln school at 6 and march to the library. People with Lexi will meet at Coolidge corner (details TBD) at 6 and march to Brookline Library.
We will all congregate in front of the Brookline Village Library on Washington Street by about 6:20 pm.
Speakers: Adaeze, Gavan, and others (5-7mins per speaker)
Speakers will share personal experiences.
Our Goals include, among others:
1. Body cam and dash cam for Brookline police.
2. Hold officers accountable if a cam is turned off during field interrogations.
3. Mandatory Diversity training focused on improving field interaction between COPS and a person of color.
4. An independent review (diverse) board to examine any police complaints and field interrogations.
5. Hold residents accountable for calling cops on a person of color because of their perception of our blackness.
6. Stop police from arbitrarily stopping and searching a person without any probable cause.
7. Promote diversity in the community and police force by providing leadership pathways for people of color.
8. Change the way people with authority reacts to a situation that involves a person of color.
9. Brookline Police officers should carry personal malpractice insurance.