Tuesdays, Nov 17, 24, Dec 1, 8 : 6:30pm-8:00pm
In this class, you’ll start with a basic introduction of watercolor techniques, brush up on color theory, and then put it all into action by learning how to paint a variety of watercolor flowers which will help you create your very own flower arrangement one petal at a time.
What we will do
– Learn to build a custom watercolor palette using the principles of color theory.
– Learn how to properly hold your paintbrush and start to create the outline of florals using different brush strokes.
– Learn to fill-in and use painting techniques to bring your florals to life on paper.
– Learn to use Paige’s tips for blending colors together and simple ways to fix mistakes.
– Learn to paint several different types of flower and leaves
Class 1 - Watercolor Basics
– Watercolor technique
– Color theory
– Lightening and balancing of colors
– Understanding different brush strokes
– Building basic shapes
– Water control
Class 2 - Watercolor Roses
– In this workshop, you will learn how to create 3 different styles of roses
Class 3 - Watercolor Hydrangeas
– In this workshop, you will learn how to paint beautiful blue and purple watercolor hydrangeas
Class 4 - Watercolor Peonies
– In this workshop, you will learn how to paint loose, watercolor peonies
About The Instructor
Paige Lindsey is an artist, creative coach, and virtual art educator. She primarily works with watercolors, but loves to dabble in acrylic paint and mixed media. She graduated from the University of New Hampshire in 2013 with a BA in painting and a minor in ballet. She currently, lives in Seattle where she teaches art and barre as well as continues her artistic practice.
Paige’s painting workshops bring people together from all over the world. Paige’s workshops will leave you feeling confident, creative, relaxed and excited to practice your new painting skills. Everyone and anyone is welcome to join in on the fun and fuel their creative soul.
Zoom Meeting Information: Meeting information will be in this listing and will be emailed to you prior to the start of this class