About This Workshop
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is about improving your site's rankings & visibility on search engines like Google, increasing visitors to your site.
For businesses, this is a powerful source of potential customers. They are more likely to purchase than visitors attracted through advertising, because these searchers are already looking for businesses like yours, or information about their problems that your business solves. And instead of paying for clicks to your site, ranking in Google's 'organic' results (the normal, non-ad results) is a free, ongoing, and potentially high-volume channel of potential customers.
If you’re interested in getting a practical introduction to SEO, including what it is and how you can make the most of it, this class will give you a great start. You’ll learn how search engines work, what factors impact how well a site ranks for different search terms, and what recent changes have been made that will affect the way SEO works.
- Understand how your customers / audience are searching.
- Be able to optimise your website’s on-page factors.
- Learn how to get links that will help your site's rankings..
- Be able to avoid common mistakes that can hurt your ability to rank.
- Create an action plan to get started on improving your site's SEO.