https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intro-to-python-programming-tickets-33292198863?aff=TBCalDotCom CIC Cambridge, 14th floor, Charles
One Broadway, 14th floor
Cambridge, MA 02142
Business, Innovation, Lectures & Conferences, Tech, University
Python is a popular and powerful programming language that has long been a preferred backend tool in web development and is also quickly becoming the de-facto language of Data Science.
This workshop is a hands-on introduction to Python programming for absolute beginners, with a focus on programming fundamentals and how you can use code to solve real-world problems. In this class, we will also discuss Python's role in the Data Science workflow, and dive into how to use Python for basic data analysis.
This bootcamp is designed to teach core Python coding concepts through guided practice and direct feedback.
In this workshop, you will:
- learn the basic tools and techniques you need to start programming in Python.
- learn how to do basic data analysis using Python.
- gain an understanding of Python’s role in the data science ecosystem.
- get started writing and running Python scripts.
- no prior coding experience is required, but some comfort with computers is needed.
- please install the Anaconda distribution on your laptop before class.
- please bring your laptop for this class.
About the instructor:
Claudia is a Data Scientist and the founder of Data Science Jungle, an education company dedicated to training the Data Scientists of tomorrow and helping to close the analytical skills gap. Prior to starting DSJ, Claudia earned her degree in Economics from Yale, and worked in biotech, marketing technology, and most recently in ecommerce on Wayfair’s Data Science team. She is a passionate advocate for diversity in tech, and she is also the founder of Data Women, a Boston-area group for women in Data Science and Analytics.
Sometimes, life happens and plans fall through. If you are no longer able to make it to this workshop, please email us at [email protected] no later than 7 days before the scheduled event date.