About This Workshop
Project management has become one of the hottest jobs in the market today.
Many growing organizations have come to recognize the need for project managers in the wake of expanding operations and project teams. It’s not uncommon for designers, developers, and entrepreneurs to find themselves cast in the role of project manager, even if many of these responsibilities fall well outside their job description. This is also a good time to “break into” the profession of project management for folks who work in a different capacity at their organization.
Our course will focus specifically on the basics of project management for beginners. This is helpful whether you’ve recently found yourself cast in the role of project manager by your company, or whether you’re looking to make a career transition.
We will cover everything from project planning, project management methodologies (Agile and Waterfall), running meetings, to the “soft skills” needed to successfully facilitate a project. We’ll also explore the major project management tools in the marketplace. You’ll gain the tools that you’ll need to deliver great results.
- Learn about the four phases of a project
- An overview of the two popular pm methodologies: traditional project management and Agile
- How to create a project schedule, budget, and resource plan
- How to assess risk and anticipate future problems in the project lifecycle
- Proven techniques for meeting management
- How to communicate effectively with clients, stakeholders and the project team