Saturday, Apr 17, 2021 8:00a -
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Medford, MA 02155
Are you looking for a patch outside of 4,000 footers? Then join this awesome hike in Belknap Range! This hike is great for people looking to earn their first hiking patch or get practice hiking multiple peaks in a long hike.The Belknap range has 12 major peaks and we're going to cover 7 mountains in this hike. Another hike can be resurrected that covers the remaining peaks. This range is blazed very well, and many of the peaks have incredible 360 degree views of the lakes region and Lake Winnipesaukee. We will be covering the following peaks on this hike:
1 Mount Mack 1,945 NH
2 Mount Klem 2,001 NH
3 Mount Rand 1,883 NH
4 West Quarry Mountain 1,894 NH
5 Mount Anna 1,670 NH
6 Straightback Mountain 1,890 NH
7 Mount Major 1,786 NH
There will be 3,052 ft of elevation gain and 3,029 ft of descent. Please note that just because this hike is not in the White Mountains does not mean it won't be difficult. Again, please note the elevation gain here - this is akin to a hike in the Whites, and the distance is also formidable. Do not make this your first hike. We will go at a moderate pace, if you want to go faster, then this hike is not for you.
Distance: 10.2 miles
Elevation gain: 3052 ft
1) I am not a guide and this is not a service - I expect you to be fully prepared with the gear listed below and the mindset that you could get yourself out of trouble if needed.
2) We stick together - this is a group event, so if you feel that you are not flexible in working as a team, this will not be a good hike for you.
3) We will follow COVID guidelines and wear masks during carpool and on the trail when social distancing cannot be maintained. Do not show up if you do not agree to the COVID guidelines.
4) Parking is limited, so non-carpoolers will be limited. Please do not ask me to open additional spots. If you lose out on a spot, then I suggest you post a hike.
5) Showing up without registering on Ridj-it with a profile and then actually signing up for the trip is a safety hazard and will get you banned. Do not message me to join in any alternative manner.
Please answer the following questions before/when you join.
1. When was your last hike? How many miles was it? How much elevation gain?
2. What does your weekly exercise routine look like? If you don't have one and also haven't hiked recently, please do not sign up.
3. Do you have all of the gear marked as required below? If not, please do not join, and you will be turned away at the trailhead or carpool if you show up without the necessary items.
Mandatory Gear - not optional
1) Hiking boots or trail runners (not regular tennis shoes)
2) 2 - 3 liters of water
3) Sandwich and food
4) Electrolytes - yes, a gatorade or other version is mandatory
5) Hat, sunglasses, bug spray, and SPF protection
6) Athletic clothing with jackets/gloves/hat since its mid-October
8) Microspikes (could be snow in the forecast Friday)