Saturday, Nov 28, 2020 9:00a -
Wellington (Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA)
Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155
Date Idea, Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
Work towards completing your Belknap Range patch by completing two of the more random mountains in the list of 12: Whiteface and Piper! I completed the other 10 last fall, so I'm pumped to finish these two! Swett is not on the patch list, but it will add some extra mileage to the journey to make it worth driving up for.
The rating is listed as "difficult," but not for regular hikers. The "difficult" rating is meant for those who have next to no experience hiking, do not exercise aerobically, and do not have the mandatory gear listed below. Remember - "hiking" in this case does not mean comfortably trekking. This is not a walk - this is a hike. I personally would rate this hike as easy for regular enthusiasts, so be mindful of your abilities and read on to make sure this is the right hike for you.
Length: 6.6 miles
Elevation gain: 1,880 ft
Route: You need access to this either in paper version or on your phone.
1) I am not your guide nor your host; I'm sparking a fun adventure you're welcome to responsibly share in. You will know how to at least follow a dot on a GPS map.
2) Don't sign up if you do not have recent hiking (NOT WALKING) experience. "Recent" means within the past three months.
3) Don't sign up if you do not exercise aerobically (or hike 4+ miles) regularly. After looking at the stats, this hike should feel easy/moderate.
4) Don't show up without the map in some digital or physical fashion. You should know how to read at least the GPS version on a phone.
5) You will have the gear listed as mandatory. I will turn you away if you don't.
1) Multiple non-cotton layers
2) Rain shell for core and pants
3) Hiking boots - you will not need winter hiking boots
4) A backpack to carry your stuff in
5) Non-cotton hat and gloves
6) Non-cotton socks
7) 2 liters of water
9) The map of this hike: https://www.gaiagps.com/public/zGATfi7iOlRjjbMO3pBNpvK0
Non-mandatory (as of now)
1) Microspikes - you take your own life into your hands, so if there's an icy section, you better be strategic without damaging trails
2) Hiking poles
I will begin a text thread the night before joining. I am instilling an NCP fee as I don't like flakes. I will donate the funds to a local dog shelter.