https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trips-search?id=43396 Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
< 21, Date Idea, Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
This trip we will be hiking South Carter and Middle Carter. South Carter is 4430 feet tall and the 19th tallest of the 4000 footers, while Middle Carter is 4610 feet tall and 15th tallest.
We will be going up the Nineteen Mile Brook Trail then turning onto the Carter Dome Trail, turning onto the Carter-Moriah Trail, then going over South Carter then Middle Carter, then returning how we came. The whole trip should be about 11 miles and 3500 feet of elevation gain. A link to the map can be found here:
Since this is a fairly strenuous hike in the winter, everybody should have previous experience hiking in the White Mountains as well as hiking in winter.
When you sign up on Ridj-it, answer the following three questions:
1. What past experience do you have hiking in the White Mountains?
Note: if you have previously mainly hiked abroad provide names of specific mountains you have hiked so I can compare them to the White Mountains. The White Mountains despite being low elevation can match or exceed difficulty and elevation gain of many hikes in the Rockies, so do not underestimate them.
2. Have you done hikes in the winter before?
3. Will you bring all the items on the gear list?
The following gear list is required:
1) Hiking boots
3) Warm insulating layer
4) Wool or synthetic base layer.
5) Shell layer, such as rain gear, Jacket + rain pants
6) 2-4 liters of water, insulated. Don't put it outside your pack, or it may freeze depending on weather.
7) food for lunch. Electrolytes such as Gatorade also recommended.
9) wool or synthetic socks plus an extra pair
10) warm hat
12) Map of the hike, either the digital one above or a printed copy of it.