Saturday, Oct 24, 2020 8:00a -
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
We will summit 2 of the mighty 4,000 footers in New Hampshire, Middle Carter and South Carter. There will be terrific views of the Presidential Range on the way up as well as Carter Dome and Mt. Hight. Please read everything in this post, because if you don't, you could get turned away.
We will start at Nineteen Mile Brook Trailhead and walk to the Camp Dodge logging road. From there, we hike on the Imp trail, onto the North Carter trail and the Carter-Moriah trail where we summit the two peaks. We will finally descend via the Carter Dome trail and Nineteen Mile Brook trail. I also hike at a moderate pace, or under 2 miles per hour. So, if you're looking to go as fast as possible or have difficulty staying together as a group, I do not recommend this hike for you.
1) I am not a guide and this is not a service - I expect you to be fully prepared with the gear listed below and the mindset that you could get yourself out of trouble if needed.
2) We stick together - this is a group event, so if you feel that you are not flexible in working as a team, this will not be a good hike for you.
3) We will follow COVID guidelines and wear masks during carpool and on the trail when social distancing cannot be maintained. Do not show up if you do not agree to the COVID guidelines.
4) Parking is limited, so non-carpoolers will be limited. Please do not ask me to open additional spots. If you lose out on a spot, then I suggest you post a hike.
5) Showing up without registering on Ridj-it with a profile and then actually signing up for the trip is a safety hazard and will get you banned. Do not message me to join in any alternative manner.
Please answer the following questions before/when you join.
1. When was your last hike? How many miles was it? How much elevation gain?
2. What does your weekly exercise routine look like? If you don't have one and also haven't hiked recently, please do not sign up.
3. Do you have all of the gear marked as required below? If not, please do not join, and you will be turned away at the trailhead or carpool if you show up without the necessary items.
Mandatory Gear - not optional
1) Hiking boots
2) 2 - 3 liters of water
3) Sandwich and food
4) Electrolytes - yes, a gatorade or other version is mandatory
5) Electronic or physical maps of the hike (as included above) - don't show up without access to a map. I don't mind if you can't read it 100%, but showing up without one expecting me to guide you is a massive no no and I'll ask you to leave since you could otherwise pay me $200 for guiding you
6) Temperatures could be below freezing at the summit, so please pack enough layers, Shell jackets, hat, gloves. You can track the summit temperatures here: https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Middle-Carter-Mountain/forecasts/1402
If you are unsure as to whether this is the right hike for you, please post your question on the Ridj-it wall on the Ridj-it website! Others may have the same question, so you will be doing others a favor by being curious.