https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trips-search?id=54544 Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
Hit three mountains on the 52 With A View! This will be an incredible hike and a good one if you're looking for some elevation gain. Check it - 3,400 ft of elevation gain is a serious day out, and at 10 miles, this hike is longer than the Franconia loop with only 400 ft of elevation gain less. So, do not make this your first hike, and you will need to have recent hiking experience in the White Mountains or Adirondacks to attend - no exceptions.
Length: 10 miles
Elevation gain: 3,400 ft
(The Gaia map's stats are off, but the route still stands)
If your Ridj-it profile is bare, please answer the following questions:
1) When and where was the last hike you did? How much time did it take to finish?
2) What is your exercise routine like? Be specific.
3) Have you hiked the Whites or Adirondacks before? This is mandatory to attend, and please list how many mountains you've done from each range.
I will kick you off of the listing if you don't answer the questions before or immediately after signing up. If you have any questions for me or are not sure if this is a good hike for you, please comment! I love answering questions and being helpful.
1) Carpool is limited to two riders per car, so three people total. Please do not fall asleep - keep your driver company.
2) If you're a no-show or cancel last-minute in a predictably flaky fashion, I will not allow you on further trips with me. You're free to attend others' hikes though.
3) You will wear a mask in the case that you are not able to appropriately maintain social distance. No exceptions - do not attend if you can't abide by this. During the hike the expectation is to leave space between others, so be prepared to monitor your proximity.
4) If you find yourself physically unable to finish, that's okay! No shame, and in fact, big respect for knowing your limits. Sometimes people have bad days - it's alright, but have the humility to quit if you know you can't finish at a reasonable pace (~2 average MPH). You will be responsible for guiding yourself back to the parking area if you are unable to finish - do not expect anyone to go with you.
5) Do not attend if you have had COVID symptoms in the past week or two. You will be turned away at the trail head if you look sick.
Mandatory gear (no exceptions):
1) Hiking boots (no sneakers)
2) 3 liters of water
4) Lots of food
5) Gatorade or electrolyte replenishment (seriously)
6) Hiking appropriate attire including waterproof shells in case of rain (no jeans)
7) Copy of the map above on either Gaia, AllTrails, or printed
11) Mask for when you can't socially distance
Again, if you have any questions about this hike, please don't be shy! Just ask on the Ridj-it trip wall and I'll respond as soon as I can.
1) Current Event Restrictions in Place:
Limit per event: Maximum of 10 attendees.
Carpool rider limit: Maximum of 2 riders per car (3 if including driver).
In-state Carpool: Pick-up location and destination must be in same state.
2) Additional User-related restriction:
Social distancing: Must agree to practice social distancing (of six feet) where possible.
Masks: You must wear a mask that covers the mouth and nose for situations where you are unable to practice social distancing, including carpool. You agree to bring a mask to all events and wear it in case such situations arise.
Sickness policy: You agree to not partake in any events if you were sick within the past 2 weeks, OR, if you were exposed to an individual who became sick within two weeks after event.
Monitoring program: You agree to participate in the Ridj-it monitoring program if you become sick after an event or we learn that you were exposed to another User who was sick in an event you attended.You assert that you have read through and agreed to the detail of the Ridj-it monitoring program, which can be found in covid19.ridj-it.com.