https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trip-detail?id=95912 Sullivan Square
Sullivan Square(Medford Street / The Neck, Boston, MA, USA)
Boston, MA 02129
Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
Bag the two Osceolas on this beautiful out and back hike, approaching East Osceola from the north via the Greeley Pond trail. The total length of this hike is 6.8 miles and 3,021 ft elevation gain and should take around 6 hours to complete. This is rated as a difficult hike with a steep Chimney section, but the beautiful views will be totally worth it!
Alltrails map - please download it or take a screenshot and have it with you all the time:
Previous and recent White Mountain hiking experience is required - you must have done at least 2,000 ft of elevation gain (not just elevation - elevation GAIN) within the past three months. And if you don't have the gear, you will not be allowed to join the hike. No exceptions!
If you haven't hiked with me before and your Ridj-it profile is bare, please answer these questions:
1) What were your last three hikes? When were they? How many miles was each one? What was the elevation gain of each one? (Note - not total elevation - elevation gain).
2) What does your exercise routine look like?
3) Will you have all of the required gear for this hike? Seriously, don't sign up if you don't.
Gear you will need (no exceptions):
1) Hiking shoes (not sneakers or other inappropriate footwear. No exceptions.)
3) Lots of snacks for yourself
4) A bottle or container that can hold 2-3 liters of water + some electrolytes
5) Rain gear if we face light sprinkles
6) Digital map/printed or download
7) Athletic clothing - non-cotton. Jeans, for example, are absolutely not allowed. A jacket, might be chilly at the top
8) Headlamp or flashlight - phone does not count
I tend to hike moderate to fast (1.5-2 mph). Looking forward to a fun hike!