Saturday, Oct 24, 2020 9:00a -
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
Sign up for this adventure here as a rider, driver, or non-carpooler:
We'll be hiking Mt. Chocorua, a 52 WAV in New Hampshire at 3,478 ft. We'll be hiking via the Champney Brook Trail. We'll start on the Champney Falls Trail for 1.4 miles before making the short detour to Champney Falls. Champney Falls is a 70 ft. waterfall across multiple cascades. With this hike being in October, it will be one of the best opportunities to view the color change of leaves. Following Champney, we'll continue on the Champney Falls trail for another 1.2 miles before heading onto the Piper Trail. We'll be on the Piper Trail all the way to the summit, which will be 0.5 miles. The summit offers 360 views of Moosilauke and the Kinsmans, alongside Mt. Washington. We'll head down the same way as came. The total will be 6.6 miles out-and-back.
Trail conditions: https://www.newenglandtrailconditions.com/
There will be a gear check for this hike at the pick up location and at the trailhead if you're a non-carpooler. If you don't have the gear, you will not be allowed to join the hike. No exceptions!
1) This hike will not be a speed hike don't sign up if you're going for bullet train velocity
2) Be respectful of COVID guidelines we will absolutely maintain social distancing while carpooling and hiking.
3) Information will be released only to those who sign up via Ridj-it; don't ask for information otherwise.
4) You must hike or conduct aerobic exercise regularly in order to join
5) You will answer the below questions before joining if your Ridj-it profile is bare.
1) When were your last three hikes? When were they? How many miles was each one? What was the elevation gain of each one? (Note - not total elevation - elevation gain).
2) What does your exercise routine look like?
3) Will you have all of the required gear for this hike? Seriously, don't sign up if you don't.
Gear you will need (no exceptions)
2) Hiking shoes (not sneakers or other inappropriate footwear. No exceptions - if you show up in loafers you'll be turned away)
4) Lots of snacks for yourself
5) A cloth or other mask when social distancing is not possible
6) A bottle or container that can hold 2 liters of water
7) Rain gear if we face light sprinkles
8) Digital map/printed or download- see links below (seriously - have them or don't sign up)
9) Layers!!! Athletic clothing - non-cotton. Jeans, for example, are absolutely not allowed.
10) A light jacket (it will be chilly!! Especially at the top)
11) Hat and gloves
12) Non-cotton socks: think wool blends
13) Headlamp or flashlight - phone does not count