Saturday, Mar 06, 2021 9:00a -
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
Middle Sugarloaf commands one of the finest views for its small size in the White Mountains. The summit is reached in half a mile. From the wide open summit of Middle Sugarloaf, the views are spectacular. You can see in almost all directions by exploring the expansive rock, but the best view is to the south toward the nearby Rosebrook Range, Mt. Hale, and the Twin Mountains. Also notable is the fine view of the Presidentials.
Please note there will be about 3 miles of road walking since the gate to Zealand Road will be closed. The road walk will make for quick work!
Length: 6.7 miles
Elevation gain: 1,572 ft
You should join this trip if...
1) You are aerobically fit, meaning you could jog or run for several miles if needed
2) You have recent hiking experience in the White Mountains of NH or the Adirondacks; do not make this your first hike in New England
3) You have all of the mandatory gear
4) You have recent hiking experience
5) You understand that the difficulty is listed as "moderate" for those who hike but not every single weekend like me. If you are a frequent hiker, this his will be easy. If you do not hike and have no experience, this hike will be very hard. At that point I wouldn't allow you.
6) 1.8 mph average page does not seem killer to you
1) I am not a guide and this is not a service - I expect you to be fully prepared with the gear listed below and the mindset that you could get yourself out of trouble if needed.
2) We stick together - this is a group event, so if you feel that you are not flexible in working as a team, this will not be a good hike for you.
3) You can be turned away from carpool or the trailhead if you look/seem unprepared.
4) We will follow COVID guidelines and wear masks during carpool and on the trail when social distancing cannot be maintained. Do not show up if you do not agree to the COVID guidelines.
5) Showing up without registering on Ridj-it with a profile and then actually signing up for the trip is a safety hazard and will get you banned. Do not message to join in any alternative manner.
Please answer the following questions before/when you join unless your Ridj-it profile is amazing
1. When was your last hike? How many miles was it? How much elevation gain?
2. What does your weekly exercise routine look like?
3. Do you have all of the gear marked as required below?
Mandatory gear (yes, mandatory)
1) Waterproof hiking shoes (no sneakers); winter hiking shoes optional
4) Waterproof shells for core and pants
5) Layer clothing system; no cotton
6) Insulated jacket (puffy - down or synthetic)
8) Winter Gloves
9) Headlamp (days are much shorter)
10) 2 liters of water or water treatment method
11) Snacks and lunch ~1000 calories.
12) Extra clothing to change into after (mandatory, your clothes will get wet during this hike)
13) Map: https://www.gaiagps.com/public/Lhn2uN3xbZERE61mWqoVlhGk
If you are traveling from Massachusetts, please be aware of the State’s guidelines for travel outside of the State. The guidelines can be found here. You are expected to abide by these guidelines and assume all responsibility for non-compliance.