Saturday, Aug 01, 2020 8:00a -
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy, Medford, MA 02155, USA
Wellington Revere Beach Pkwy
Medford, MA 02155
Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
This will be a special hike for a variety of reasons, all of which you should read below before signing up.
1) Only people who will also post hikes can join. These hikes must be posted before joining this trip. The hike can be any level of difficulty, and if you need help choosing one, let me know. I believe in sharing the adventure, so this hike is only reserved for those who would also share theirs. Do not sign up otherwise.
2) These are fairly easy hikes for experienced hikers but I labeled this trip as "intermediate" since the plan is to do all two.
3) I will start off leading but will then give others the chance to practice their skills. I would like this hike to be a confidence builder for attendees who would otherwise like to hike more.
4) You must be in shape - no, this does not mean body builder or ultra runner. If you are, cool, you can still join, but this adventure is more for those who do running, jogging, biking, and swimming at very moderate levels. I can hike 18 miles in a day with about 6,000+ ft elevation gain, but this isn't that type of jaunt.
1,500 ft elevation gain
1,400 ft elevation gain
Both of these mountains are on the 52 WAV list which means the views on top will be nice. If we complete the first, Hedgehog, and a few people want to skip the second one, no worries, just hang out at the trailhead or take a walk to Sabbaday Falls. Both hikes start at the same spot but diverge in different directions.
Gear - mandatory, don't ask otherwise:
1) Hiking boots or trail runners (not regular tennis shoes)
2) 2 - 3 liters of water
3) Sandwich and food
4) Electrolytes - yes, a gatorade or other version is mandatory
5) Electronic or physical maps of the hike (as included above)
6) Hat, sunglasses, bug spray, and SPF protection
7) Athletic clothing
8) Swimsuit or clothing to jump into the water somewhere - I've been really into this the past couple of hikes, and your limbs will thank you for it.
I hike because I love it. I share my hikes because I feel a civic responsibility to help others enjoy the outdoors. I want to hike with others who share the same beliefs, and having you post a hike in order to join mine is one way to help the mission. You can only join this hike if you post one for others.