We are celebrating our anniversary with phenomenal HWX classes and giveaways!
All classes as part of this fitness series are FREE and open to the public.
Simply register for FREE here
, then choose your location, class date and time. See a chronological list of all FREE Healthworks & Republic Anniversary's workout classes here
During every class, participants will storm the studio
with phenomenal prizes including gift cards to:
• Cryomed (Chryotherapy)
• Bright Bar
• Healthworks massages
Since 1977, Healthworks Fitness has been demonstrating The Power of Women.
This October, Healthworks and Republic Fitness are celebrating their anniversary and the right to exist. The challenges they've overcome have made the brand stronger than ever. In 1997, a man sued Healthworks claiming that an all-women’s club was discriminatory. The members and staff worked hard in court to fight for the right to exist. While they lost in court, in 1998, Governor Paul Celucchi signed into law allowing single-sex clubs to operate.
Healthworks is more than a gym. This is a community of strong and empowered women. And Healthworks Fitness is here to stay!
BACK BAY LOCATION
• Tuesday, 10/15 at 6:15am: Cycling | VIBE
• Tuesday, 10/15 at 12:30pm: Strength | BUILD
• Wednesday, 10/16 at 7:00am: Cycling | VIBE
• Thursday, 10/17 at 12:15pm: HIIT | GRIT
• Thursday, 10/17 at 5:00pm: HIIT | IGNITE
• Tuesday, 10/15 at 6:00am: Strength | BUILD
• Tuesday, 10/15 at 6:30am: HIIT | GRIT
• Tuesday, 10/15 at 7:00am: Cycling | ACHIEVE
• Wednesday, 10/16 at 4:45pm: HIIT | IGNITE
• Wednesday, 10/16 at 5:30pm: Cycling | VIBE
• Thursday, 10/17 at 6:45am: Cycling | ACHIEVE
CHESTNUT HILL LOCATION
• Tuesday, 9/15 at 7:00am: Cycling | VIBE
• Wednesday, 9/16 at 5:30pm: HIIT | GRIT
• Thursday, 9/17 at 10:00am: Strength | BUILD
• Thursday, 9/17 at 5:30pm: HIIT | IGNITE
• Tuesday, 9/15 at 6:15am: Cycling | VIBE
• Wednesday, 9/16 at 4:30pm: HIIT | IGNITE
• Wednesday, 9/16 at 6:30pm: Cycling | ACHIEVE
• Thursday, 9/17 at 6:00pm: HIIT | GRIT
• Wednesday, 9/16 at 5:00pm: Cycling | VIBE
• Thursday, 9/17 at 7:15am: HIIT | IGNITE
• Thursday, 9/17 at 11:30am: Strength | BUILD
HISTORY OF HEALTHWORKS FITNESS:
40 Years of Furthering Fitness: A Timeline of Healthworks’ History
October 30, 1977:
Light n’ Lovely opens in Salem
Salem location renamed Healthworks
Healthworks Cambridge opens at the original location in Porter Square
Healthworks Brookline opens on Commonwealth Avenue
Healthworks Back Bay opens in Copley Square
James Foster sues Healthworks to become a member of the all-women’s club
Healthworks’ 20th anniversary
Suffolk Superior Court judge rules that Back Bay cannot bar men
Governor Paul Cellucci signs new law allowing single-sex clubs to operate
Healthworks Foundation formed as a 501c3
Healthworks Cambridge moves to new building in parking lot of original club
Healthworks Foundation opens first club at St. Mary’s
Healthworks Chestnut Hill opens
Healthworks Community Fitness at Codman opens
Healthworks Brookline relocates to new club in Coolidge Corner
GymIt brand formed; first location opens in Brookline
GymIt Watertown opens
Healthworks Group refocuses on premium clubs (Healthworks) and high-volume/low-cost clubs (GymIt). As a result, Salem location closes.
December 31, 2014:
Republic Fitness brand formed; first club opens
First Fitness Management formed, specializing in the design and management of fitness centers for corporations, property managers, and institutions.
Where Are We Today?:
• Four Healthworks locations
• Two GymIts locations
• One Republic Fitness location
• Two Healthworks Community Fitness locations
• Twelve First Fitness Management sites
• 600-plus employees
• 30,000-plus members
• Boston’s leading locally-owned fitness business
See more here.
THINGS TO KNOW:
• When booking your class, be sure to double check the location and time. We have classes at multiple locations and we want to make sure you arrive at the correct class.
• Healthworks is a woman's only gym. If you are a man, feel free to sign up for Republic Fitness classes.
• For Cycle classes, we have bikes where you can clip in with your own spin shoes or simply wear your regular sneakers.
• You are welcome to arrive early and use the fitness floor equipment, steam, and sauna.
• These classes are in high demand, and we want everyone who wants a workout to get in, sweat, and be eligible to win these amazing prizes. If you flake, you will be removed from our event distribution list. Please email us and let us know you are canceling at least 4 hours before your class time. Please and thank you for being considerate.
• Healthworks and Republic members, please do not register yourself or your friends for classes via Eventbrite. These events are open to you via your account and open to your friends by talking with the front desk or emailing. This is a specific campaign for the larger community.