https://p.ridj-it.com/app/trips-search?id=41392 Alewife Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Cambridge, MA 02140
< 21, Date Idea, Meetup, Social Good, Sports & Active Life
This day-hike will include two out-and-back hikes near Manchester, VT. The first is Lye Brook Falls. Lye Book Falls Trail is a 4.7 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Manchester Center, Vermont that features the tallest waterfall in Vermont. The second is Prospect Rock Trail. Propsect Rock Trail is a 3.1 mile out and back trail located near Manchester Center, Vermont that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate.
See trails here:
Lye Brook Falls Trail: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/vermont/lye-brook-falls-trail
Prospect Rock Trail: https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/vermont/prospect-rock-trail
When done, we can grab a bite to eat around Manchester is folks are interested.
PREVIOUS WINTER HIKING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. I am there to enjoy the hike and not serve as your guide. Since this is a winter hike, proper gear is a must. Let me know if you have any questions.
WHAT TO BRING*:
1. Map, Compass or GPS
2. Sunscreen, Lip balm and Sunglasses
3. Proper clothing and outer wear
- Waterproof, winter-hiking boots
- Snowshoes (I will confirm this and depends on the trail conditions)
- Water-resistant or waterproof pants. Thermal layer if necessary.
- Non-cotton base layer (preferable wool or synthetic).
- Non-cotton, breathable mid-layer
- Water-resistant or waterproof hard/soft shell jacket
4. Headlamp or flashlight (plus spare batteries)
5. First-aid supplies
6. Matches or lighter, Waterproof container, Fire starter (for emergency survival fire)
7. Repair kit and tools (Knife or multi-tool)
8. Lunch and snacks + extra day's supply of food
9. 2-3 liters of water that won't freeze. (Insulated water bottle or other method)
10. Emergency shelter (Tent, tarp, bivy or reflective blanket)
There will be a gear check for this hike at the pick-up location and at the trail head if you're a non-carpooler. If you don't have the gear, you will not be allowed to join the hike. No exceptions!