About This Class
WordPress currently powers over 25% of the world’s websites, making it the most popular content management system (CMS) in the world and the most important to learn. WordPress offers an easy, user-friendly way to set up and maintain a website without the need to code!
In this workshop, you will learn how create a custom WordPress website from scratch. We’ll walk through creating pages and menus as well as adding text, image and video content to create custom designs through the use of themes and plugins.
At the end of the class you will have learned how to build a professional, highly functional and mobile-friendly website as well as being confident and proficient in using all the tools WordPress offers.
- Discover different themes, what they are, where to get them, and how to customize them
- Build pages and learn to add content to those pages (text, images, videos and downloads)
- Create a blog and learn how to add blog posts
- Create custom navigation menus
- Master plugins, widgets and settings
- Discuss important settings to improve your site’s chances of ranking in Google (SEO)