Thursday, Aug 04, 2022 3:00p -
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
25 Evans Way
Art, Date Idea, History
Join us on the first Thursday of every month for a restorative evening of discovery and community. Museum admission is free from 3 pm through 9 pm. Explore art, architecture, art-making activities, and seasonal horticulture displays in the Palace. The Café is open late for dinner and drinks. Advanced registration is required; tickets do sell out! All ages are welcome!
Reserve your ticket online, by clicking this link:
There is much to do this month! Please note: Proof of vaccination status and masks are required for all visitors ages 12 and older who plan to attend events in Calderwood Hall; please see details below.
- Story Time & Artist Talks: Oliver Jeffers, artist and author, joins us for a celebration of his art, including Universes: Oliver Jeffers on the Anne H. Fitzpatrick Facade, his new film #HereWeAre: Notes for Living on Planet Earth, and his celebrated modern classics The Day the Crayons Quit, Stuck, Lost and Found, and more. Join the witty and talented Oliver in Calderwood Hall for his books and conversation about his charming illustrations, heartwarming stories, and boundless imagination.
- Head to the Studio at 3 pm for a Book Signing with the author. Oliver Jeffers' books (and other fun gifts!) are available at Gift at the Gardner.
- Readings and Conversation with Oliver Jeffers at 4:30 pm and 6:30 pm
- Oliver Jeffers in Conversation with Pieranna Cavalchini, Tom and Lisa Blumenthal Curator of Contemporary Art, at 7:30 pm
- Film Screening: Gather in Calderwood Hall to watch #HereWeAre: Notes for Living on Planet Earth, an Apple Original short film adapted from the best-selling children's books by Oliver Jeffers and narrated by Meryl Streep. The film is 36 minutes and will be screened at 3:30 pm. Or, stream #HereWeAre: Notes for Living on Planet Earth with your family now on Apple TV+; learn more at apple.co/hereweare.
- Art-Making In the Studio: Enjoy art-making activities in the Studio between 5-8 pm inspired by our summer exhibition Drawing the Curtain: Maurice Sendak's Designs for Opera and Ballet.
- Music in the Jordan Garden: Neighborhood Salon Luminary Veronica Robles and her all-female Mariachi band deliver a musical message of love, peace, and unity in the Jordan Garden at 5:30 pm and 7 pm.