https://www.zoonewengland.org/franklin-park-zoo/re-opening-faq/ Franklin Park Zoo
1 Franklin Park Rd
Boston, MA 02121
Date Idea, Kid Friendly
Franklin Park Zoo will reopen to the general public on Thursday, June 4. General admission tickets will go on sale on June 1.
New health and safety measures that have been implemented include online and timed ticketing, guest capacity limits, one-way paths to control guest flow, clearly designated 6-foot distance markers, enhanced cleaning protocols, more hand sanitizer stations throughout the Zoos, and COVID-19 training for all staff.
Guests to the Zoo will be required to purchase tickets online for a designated time slot, and there will be no re-entry once admitted into the Zoo.
General Admission Ticket Prices
Senior (62+): $16.95
Child (ages 2-12): $12.95
Children under 2: Free
Apr. 1 – Sept. 30: Mon-Fri 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., weekends and holidays 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Know Before You Go
We care about you and want to ensure a fun and safe experience for everyone who visits. In order to ensure the safety of staff and guests, we've made modifications in accordance with public guidance and health recommendations. For the safety of our guests, staff and animals the following must be observed when visiting.
• Wear a face mask/covering in compliance with Massachusetts Department of Public Health Guidelines. Please note: Children under two are not required to wear a face covering.
• Maintain social distance of 6 feet between other guests not in your party.
• Enter the Zoo at the time listed on ticket. Please arrive no more than 5 minutes before your assigned time.
• Respect Zoo rules to protect humans and animals.
Experience an Outdoor Safari Walk
Thank you for your support and visit to Zoo New England’s Franklin Park Zoo. We're so happy to welcome you back, and we appreciate your understanding as we've made changes to the guest experience. In accordance with public guidance at this time, indoor exhibit buildings as well as playgrounds and play structures cannot be opened. There's still plenty to see and experience!
The Outdoor Safari Walk is a one-way trail through many of the Zoo’s exhibits including:
• Nature’s Neighborhoods: red pandas, prairie dogs, turtles and more
• Serengeti Crossing: Plains zebras, wildebeest, ostriches, warthogs and Cape porcupines
• Giraffe Savannah: Masai giraffe and Grevy’s zebra
• Outback Trail: red kangaroos and emus
Guests will also see lions, a tiger, spotted hyena, Baird’s tapir, Bactrian camels, wattled, white-naped and Siberian cranes, and more!
• For the animals' health, safety and well-being, some animals may not be on exhibit due to weather, exhibit work, or veterinary procedures.
• Seasonal attractions and activities will not be available at this time including amusement rides, giraffe feeding and budgie feeding.
• When spending time at an exhibit, please respect physical distancing guidelines.